1. Fill your kettle and start heating the water. Bring to a boil.
2. Begin with a clean, dry Kalita brewer with a filter placed inside. Set this on top of your mug or carafe.
3. Measure 40 grams (approximately 7 TBS) of paper-filter ground coffee. Place ground coffee into your filter.
4. Start your timer. Pour a small amount of water over the grounds, just enough to fully saturate the coffee bed. Allow coffee to bloom for 30 seconds.
5. Pour a small but steady stream of water directly over coffee in small circles. Bring the water level to the top of the filter and allow it to drop slightly before pouring more. Repeat until your total water volume has reach 520ml, or just over 2 cups. Pour slowly, so that you reach your total volume in about 3 minutes.
6. When all of the water has drained from the filter, remove the Kalita and compost the used filter and grounds.
7. Your coffee is now ready.
8. Enjoy, repeat.