1. Fill your kettle and start heating the water. Bring to a boil.
2. Place your folded filter in your Chemex placing the side with three folds against the spout.
3. Rinse the filter, by pouring hot water into it. Make sure to evenly saturate the filter to wash out the papery taste, as well as to pre-heat the vessel. Carefully empty the Chemex of water and place 45 grams (approximately 6 TBS) of ground coffee into your filter.
4. Start your timer. Pour a small amount of water over the grounds making sure they are evenly saturated. Allow coffee to bloom (start to brew) for about 30 seconds.
5. Using a spiral pour, starting from the center of the grounds, evenly cover the coffee bed, filling it to the top of the brewer. Allow coffee to brew down about 1 inch from top, then add more water, bringing liquid back up to high-water mark. Do this 2-3 times, or until you have finished adding 750 ml (approximately 3 cups) of water.
6. Allow all coffee to brew from filter. Total time should be within 3.5-4.5 minutes.
7. Now lift your filter from the Chemex and dispose of it in your composting bin.
8. Your coffee is now ready.
9. Pour, enjoy, repeat!